Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Creativity Project

There is/was this copy + paste status update going around Facebook about making something handmade for people, the first five people to comment. I thought this was a great idea and had been looking for a project to help me stay inspired creatively throughout the year. So I copied and pasted and, to my surprise, got a lot of good response.

Sadly, a lot of people commented saying that they weren't creative, or couldn't make anything. I like to think everyone can make something, sure some people are more creative than others, but there are enough instructions and ideas out there to get anyone started. Anyway, I was just really excited about this so I let these people slide. (this time!)

I ended up with 12 people - one for each month of the year. Fellow yarn-crafters may be thinking, this seems like a lot to add to the (somehow always) infinite list of projects to be completed/started. And maybe it is. It might turn out to have been a crazy idea, but I guess we'll see.

I decided to write down the names on pieces of paper, and just draw them at random. Or have co-workers/whoever I can find at the office do it.

I've already started on my projects for the first person I drew and plan on having them in the mail before month-end.

I'm can't explain how excited I am about this! I just thought I'd share a little about it, to document my progress and hopefully inspire someone else to be creative. Maybe not on this scale just yet, but to at least get started. :)

1 comment: